Rent is due on the 1st of each month, and is late after the 5th. You may mail your rent, personally bring it in, or put it in the drop slot through our front door. In addition, for some properties we have the ability to accept payment via credit card online. It is your responsibility to have your rent in our office on time. All rents received after the 5th of the month will be charged 5% additional rent. On the 6th of the month late notices are mailed and or e-mailed for rent not received.
In most cases, your lease requires a 30 day notice to vacate at the end of your tenancy, please refer to your tenancy. For your convenience, in the Forms section, you will find a Notice to Vacate document that you may submit.
Your security deposit is a damage deposit and is placed in an escrow account. It cannot be used for rent at anytime during your tenancy, including the last month. Once the lease has been terminated these are typically processed in 30 days but some can take up to 60 days.
Unless otherwise directed, all tenants are responsible for maintaining the grounds, keeping lawns tidy, mowed, trimmed, clear of trash and cleaning gutters. Never park a car on the lawn or park untagged vehicles on the premises. Under no circumstance can a satellite dish be installed without prior written approval from this office. Any fines imposed by an unauthorized action will be levied against the tenant.
We do not maintain insurance coverage on a tenant’s personal possessions, and suggest you make arrangements for coverage of these items with your insurance company.
Please be considerate of your neighbors. This covers a wide variety of behavior ranging from loud music (the most common complaint) to having visitors that disturb others.
MECA takes pride in their properties and hope you will enjoy your home. However, we do expect you to take good care of the property, and return it to us as you found it. Please do not hesitate to call us if you have any questions.
Tenant Duties Upon Termination
Upon termination the tenant is to remove all his personal property of whatever nature, properly sweep, and clean the premises. This includes plumbing fixtures, refrigerators, stoves, sinks, and removing all rubbish/trash. Please make repairs and perform other acts as are necessary to return the premises, and any appliances or fixtures furnished in connection therewith, in the same condition as when the property was leased; with the exemption of ordinary wear and tear. MECA Realty is the sole determiner of “Reasonable Wear and Tear.”
To insure a fair and prompt return of your Security Deposit, we offer the following suggestions:
- Remove all trash and debris from inside and outside of premises to include storage buildings, crawl spaces, attic, etc. If you have trash to be picked up by the City, please insure this is completed prior to turning in your keys. No trash is to be left at the curb after your move out.
- Vacuum carpet, sweep floors, and replace HVAC filter.
- Clean all appliances furnished to include stove, oven, drip pans (replace if necessary) vent hood, refrigerator, clean out ice maker if applicable and dishwasher.
- Clean out all cabinets and drawers to include removing any shelf paper/liners. Wipe down wooden cabinets. (We recommend using ammonia and water.)
- Clean tub and shower walls.
- Clean toilet, lavatory, and medicine cabinet.
- Sweep and mop floor.
- Wash all light fixtures and re-hang globes.
- Dust all baseboards and window sills.
- Wash inside of all windows and glass doors.
- Mow grass, trim shrubs, weed beds and clean out gutters, if applicable.
- If paint color has been changed or wallpaper installed during your occupancy, please return walls to original condition and paint color. If you are unsure of the original paint color, please call our office for verification.
- Clean out fireplace, if applicable.
- Re-hang any doors removed for moving purposes.