Our Community Association Management division strives to build lasting relationships by providing exceptional service to the communities we manage. With a 30 year history as a full service real estate company in the Charlotte area, we have a well established infrastructure supporting our commitment to provide unparalleled management services for commercial, residential and mixed use properties.
MECA Realty offers sound industry knowledge, comprehensive financial documentation and strong communication skills for the professional management of your property. Our hands on management style is evidenced by our management team’s active involvement in the day-to-day operation and administration of your property. Responsive communication channels and attention to details are two strengths our highly qualified property managers pride themselves on.
We begin management of each of our properties with a comprehensive evaluation of existing accounts and operations. Efficiency, safety, financial stability, communication and high standards of operation are our primary objectives for each community. We believe that facilitating these goals will assure full enjoyment of community amenities and a strong return on each owner’s investment.
- Budget preparation
- Financial reporting
- Bill payment
- Owner records management
- Supervise and coordinate all necessary routine repairs and maintenance
- Make or contract for maintenance, repairs, additions, and improvements or alterations to common areas
- Regular on-site inspections of Association property to ascertain whether proper performance, maintenance, and care is being provided per association and industry standards
- Receive service requests from owners concerning Association Property
- Attendance at Board and member meetings
- Delinquency follow up
- Lien filing and releasing
- Attorney liaison
- Title transfer processing
- CPA liaison
- 24 hour/7 days a week emergency service
- Coordinate and administer insurance claims on behalf of the Association
- Support enforcement of the provisions in the Declaration, by-laws, and rules and regulations
- Develop and implement a preventative maintenance schedule of Association assets
- Supervise and coordinate the maintenance of a clean and aesthetic appearance of the common elements
- Broadcast email “bulletins”
- New member welcome packages and orientation
- New Board member orientation and training
- Preparation of Board and member meeting packets, and provide proper notice for such meetings to appropriate persons
The Abbott Professional Town Homes
The Abbott is situated in historic South End and is MECA’s newest residential development. Located in the heart of the Design District, The Abbott is a 16 unit condominium project with an optional home office on the ground floor.
Another great MECA development, Camden Row is an office building that houses ten unique live/work units. Current owners offer a strong mix of businesses for the local community with law offices, an architecture firm, and a salon, as well as two boutiques and a mailing store. Located near the East/West Light Rail Station, this property sees a lot of public traffic and benefits from MECA’s attention to detail and quick response to needs such as lighting, parking control and security.
Citispace in Southend
A two-story office condominium and showroom project, Citispace is located in what once was an industrial center of Charlotte. The building draws from the roots of its location, offering a mix of wood, steel and concrete with office and showroom space that is contemporary within a traditional structure. The third and final building in this phased project is LEED Silver certified.
A 2002 addition to the Gateway Village area of Uptown Charlotte’s 3rd Ward, Gateway Lofts is made up of 80 two level residential lofts and Retail units housing neighborhood restaurants and a mini mart. MECA’s management scope extends to elevator lobby and parking areas shared with Gateway Village and include developing and maintaining relationships to aid in the smooth operation of this mixed use building in a high traffic area. Since beginning management in 2011, MECA has successfully worked with the Board and community to establish a budget which will promote a better financial course and ensure all aspects of the building are properly maintained.
Gateway Plaza-Share Space launch
Developed in 2002 by Boulevard Centro, MECA took over management of this 116 unit mixed use property in 2010. Amenities managed in this secure building include a shared parking garage, pool, roof deck and clubroom.
Since beginning management, MECA has successfully guided the Board and community through a number of building exterior maintenance projects and a reserve/ capital maintenance analysis to better plan for future needs. A 10 year maintenance and vision plan is currently in development.
This 55 acre property features tennis courts, 2 pools, clubhouse, laundry facilities and private roads. MECA added Heathstead to its portfolio in 2012 and is very proud of all that has been accomplished in this 544 unit community. Coupled with great leadership, MECA’s management style, effective systems and organized processes have been keys to this property’s successes in reducing delinquency by over 50%, making significant progress on building and property maintenance and repair and establishing a detailed maintenance and capital improvement plan.
This 138 unit conversion project in Dilworth sits on what used to be Charlotte’s minor league baseball park. The 12.5 acres feature several buildings, private streets, a pool and clubhouse. A healthy balance of maintenance and improvement projects in this community has been aided tremendously by a comprehensive Vision Plan created at the suggestion of MECA Realty when the community was first established.
Developed in 2009 by McAllister Residential Group, Ordermore 8 is a unique 8 unit townhouse style condominium community with craftsman detailing located in Dilworth. Initially self-managed, MECA began management in 2010 to bring much needed processes, procedures and formality to the oversight and upkeep of this community. Today residents credit MECA with making it possible for them to get back to enjoying their homes.
- National Association of Realtors
- Commercial Investment Real Estate Institute (CCIM®)
- Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM)
- Commercial Property Manager (CPM®) Designation
- Charlotte Association of Realtors
- Charlotte Region Commercial Board of Realtors (CRCBR)
- Commercial Real Estate Women Network (CREW Network)
- Commercial Real Estate Women Charlotte (CREW Charlotte)
- Community Associations Institute (CAI)